[mythtv] MythMusic Stream Listen Radi patch?

florin baiduc florinbaiduc at gmail.com
Thu May 18 00:26:42 UTC 2006

On 5/17/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> This is definitely a -users question,

As those patches I was talking about needs quite a lot of changes to
get them work on the latest mythmusic version, I would definitely call
it a developers question.
Actually yesterday I managed to port eskil's
(http://www.eskil.org/mythtv/) shoutcast.patch to the latest svn
version (about 200-300 lines of code need changes), but it works...

> but MythStream still exists (and v016_5 works with 0.19 and SVN head).

Thanks for the tip, I tried MythStream and sincerely I don't like the
interface not being consistent across players. Therefore I preffer to
use one player for every audio media (even a virtual one like a stream
is)...
This is a pitty, because MythStream has a lot of options and is quite
stable and nice. Other people might preffer it, as I can see a lot of
advantages it has (can play video streams as well, and it's not
limited to shoutcast only - thanks to the perl scripts and grabbers it
comes with). I might use it for video only :), or finally just stay
with it.
I just wanted to investigate other options and the possibility to
implement them also..