[mythtv] FW: myth2ipod script problems....

Bryan Mayland bmayland at leoninedev.com
Tue May 23 15:01:39 UTC 2006

Jon Larson wrote:
> I think I know part of the answer to my question-- I think that when
> it is run as a "User Job" in Myth, myth2ipod is executing nuvexport as
> if the --transcode switch  were enabled, but  that doesn't seem to be
> the case when it is run from the command line. That  would account
> for the error below because xvid does not appear as an option when
> using the --transcode switch.
    Do you have a .nuvexportrc in your home directory for either you or
the mythtv user?  nuvexport searches for its config file thusly:
1. Whatever you pass on the command line
2. nuvexportrc
3.  $HOME/.nuvexportrc
4. /etc/nuvexportrc

This means it could be getting flopped to transcode mode if you have a
nuvexportrc in any of those locations which specifies a
export_prog=transcode.

However, I do not believe this to be the case.  If the output says
"ffmpeg had critical errors" then that is coming from the ffmpeg export,
not nuvexport.  If xvid isn't on the list for a given export mode, I
believe you get an error like "unknown export mode 'xvid'".

Is your path different than what you get when the userjob is run?  You
can just write a quick script to dump your path and `which ffmpeg` to
see if another ffmpeg is conflicting with the one you get when you're
interactive.