[mythtv] More fix up questions

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri May 26 15:31:44 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 12:07 +0200, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:

> From the uk fix up function i can see that it removes episode information
> from the title and moves it to the description.
> I can understand that getting rid of episode number from the title is a good
> thing, but what is the reason for moving it from the subtitle to the
> description?
*shrug* I don't know, but in DataDirect data the partnumber/parttotal is
only used for multipart episodes; not for the whole series of episodes.
I believe syndicatedepisodenumber is where you want to store the episode
of something like ST:TNG, Stargate SG-1, etc. The episode number
shouldn't really be in the title, subtitle or description, my guess
is who ever wrote that in the UK fixup just thought that was useful
info, and there was more room in the description.

> The default subtitle/episode of all guide data is the category, is this
> usefull or should i remove it?
> This is almost always a dublicate from both the description and the category
> fields.
If it is duplicate data just remove it.

> And if the episode/subtitle field is empty maybe add the part numbers to the
> subtitle field if part number is known?
Not sure what you mean.

-- Daniel