[mythtv] Problems with the new EIT code

Otto Kolsi otto at kolsi.fi
Fri May 26 22:15:19 UTC 2006

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> Lots of these messages indicates some problem with the TS->PES
> conversion. I assume most of these are on the channel without
> working EIT?

Yes, I think most are. But it seems that some are also on another
multiplex/channel.

> Logs aren't going to help with this, a 30 second capture of the
> raw TS stream from that channel, including the EIT tables, is
> needed. Then a developer can step through the data manually to
> see where things go wrong.

What I've done is that I've watched myth logs and when I see lots of
repeated PES packet errors, I've captured stream with 'cat' directly
from the DVB device. Is this anywhere near the correct procedure?  I've
verified with TSReaderLite -program (Windows) that these files should be
valid TS streams. If this is okay, I'll make a ticket to the Trac with
these attachments.
--
   Otto