[mythtv] MythSocket class

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Tue May 30 03:56:05 UTC 2006

On Monday 29 May 2006 1:03 pm, Jim Westfall wrote:
> Jim Westfall <jwestfall at surrealistic.net> wrote [05.28.06]:
> > John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote [05.28.06]:
> > > Commented that line out on both backends, but it did not seem to help.
> > > The slave backend (cobalt) is still not used.
> > >
> > > I have attached the resulting logs.
> > >
> > > John
> >
> > It made it further, but there is another issue.
> >
> > MythSocket::readBlock() call is forcing sockets to be put back onto
> > readyread monitoring, when it might not be wanted.
> >
> > I will see about making a patch tomorrow.
>
> give this patch a try.

Hrm.  Don't really like making that explicit like that - have to modify
MythContext as well.  I think a check for if the socket is locked or not in
the select thread should accomplish mostly the same thing.

Or, we could do all reading of available data into a buffer in that select
thread.

I'll have to set up a slave backend sometime this week, I suppose..

Isaac