[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r10078 by ijr

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Wed May 31 09:01:36 UTC 2006

mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>       Author: ijr
>         Date: 2006-05-31 03:21:22 +0000 (Wed, 31 May 2006)
> New Revision: 10078
>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/10078
>
> Added:
>
>    branches/mythmusic-ui/
>
> Log:
>
> Summer of Code student branch for John Hurliman's MythMusic UI/mfd project.

Isaac,

As you know myself an Jochen have been working on a DB schema redesign
for MM.

I've got all my changes in my own branch in my mirrored SVN. I have been
testing for a while and all seems well and a few other people have also
checked it out and have been reporting back.

I have two issues relating to MySQL 3 support to fix but after that
things should be ready.

Would you be opposed to applying such a change and merging to the SoC
branch?

The db schema is much neater (tho' the playlists is still a string list
of song_id's) and the MythWeb interface to music for
streaming/organising playlists is much better.

I will work on making patches available soon.

Col.