[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r10078 by ijr

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Wed May 31 21:14:46 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 19:58, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> >>my son creates playlists on his ipod galore
>
> Interestingly Frank Lynch contacted me off-list to discuss a project
> he's working on to import iTunes playlists to MM. We have worked out an
> idea as to how this could be done quite nicely but he's just going to
> work on writing the necessary C++ codes/parser just now and we can work
> out how best to represent the imported playlists in MM after that. He
> eventually plans to support M3U playlists too - currently we forsee them
> being imported at the same time as scanning for new music.

When I read the first few messages in this thread, I got to thinking about an
amaroK script that could insert it's playlists into the MythDB. But I'll
revisit it when the structure of the db is set. Makes sense to build
playlists in one place only, and for me that's amaroK on my main system. I
always found the MythMusic interface (admittedly 0.18) painful for building
lists.
--
Steve Boddy