[mythtv] HDHomeRun discover broadcast

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 14:38:24 UTC 2006

On 10/31/06, Jim Paris <jim at jtan.com> wrote:

> Some more, can't hurt :)
>
> 7) Let the user specify the subnet address to use for the device ID
>    broadcast.  Default to 255.255.255.255, which should go out the
>    interface with the default route.

I had to laugh when I saw this.  One of the very attractive things about the
HDHomerun device is the fact that it doesn't require you to deal with many
of the headaches associated with PCI cards (i.e. lots of options and
requiring a detailed understanding of the hardware and OS).  I have to
applaude Jafa et. al. for such an elegant solution.  I must say I am very
happy that he found a solution without having to add an option like the one
above. :-)

--
Mike