[mythtv] Aspect ratios and non-linear stretching

Sean McVeigh mythtv at beerbot.ca
Thu Nov 2 21:37:26 UTC 2006

Okay, so I've come up with a decent algorithm which works in-place doing
a 1-d cylindrical projection (will probably add parameters to configure
the projection angle and resampling).
I'm using a LUT to precompute the transform, and was wondering, are
mythtv filters ever informed about changes to the size of their input
frames?  Does the filter get re-loaded, or is this a run-time thing that
will have to be detected on the fly.. ie.  if(current size != previous
size){ recompute lut } ?

As a filter, there will be a loss in picture information due to the
pre-squeeze of about 25% in the center of the screen, but it will
probably suffice for now I guess.  Maybe I'll take a stab at allowing
the filter API to return frames with different geometries, or finding a
clean way to work it in near the Show() code.  (problem being
maintaining another frame pool -- it's my understanding that we don't
new and delete actual frame->buf's on the fly... right??)

Cheers,
Sean