[mythtv] Problem in compiling mythtv-0.20 in Gentoo

Ivan Perez Dominguez ivanperezdominguez at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 11:51:42 UTC 2006

Neil tran wrote:
> Hi Rick,
>
> I have to customise and modify the source code. Previously, I was
> attempted to use ebuild but I did not get anywhere.
>
> Warmest regards,
>
> Neil Tran
You can have both: Using ebuilds and (customizing and modifying the
source code). You can add as many use flags
as you want to customize in compile/installation time if needed. I
understand that you may have reasons to avoid using
ebuilds but, as far as I know, you could have used them. I use to write
my own ebuilds for my applications (or modify
others') and, once you know how it works, it's easy as pie.