[mythtv] Live TV OSD flicker bug

Justin Luitjens luitjens at cs.utah.edu
Fri Nov 3 22:51:58 UTC 2006

Hi,

Let me start by saying that I have already asked this question on
mythtv-users and did not get a response.  I have also posted the
question on http://www.mythtvtalk.com/forum/ with no response.  Here is
my issue.  My recording profiles in mythtv are all exactly the same.
However, when I play back live tv the OSD flickers while using bob
interlacing.   If I hit the record button and then go watch the video
through my recordings the video does not flicker.  I am running on
fedora core 5 using mythtv.20 with ivtv.8.0.  I have a PVR-350 and
PVR-500.  All 3 tuners have this problem.  Is the live tv player
different from the recorded programs player?  Or is the live tv ignoring
these settings?

Thanks,
Justin

Below is the relevant information from my database:

recording profiles:
+----+----------------+-------------------------+-------------------------+--------------+
| id | name           | videocodec              |
audiocodec              | profilegroup |
+----+----------------+-------------------------+-------------------------+--------------+
|  5 | Default        | MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder | MPEG-2 Hardware
Encoder |            2 |
|  6 | Live TV        | MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder | MPEG-2 Hardware
Encoder |            2 |

profilegroups:
+----+----------------------------------------------------------+-----------+------------+----------+
| id | name                                                     |
cardtype  | is_default | hostname |
+----+----------------------------------------------------------+-----------+------------+----------+
|  2 | MPEG-2 Encoders (PVR-x50, PVR-500)                       |
MPEG      |          1 | NULL     |
+----+----------------------------------------------------------+-----------+------------+----------+

codecparams:
+---------+--------------------------+-----------+
| profile | name                     | value     |
+---------+--------------------------+-----------+
|       5 | autotranscode            | 0         |
|       5 | width                    | 720       |
|       5 | height                   | 480       |
|       5 | rtjpegquality            | 170       |
|       5 | rtjpeglumafilter         | 0         |
|       5 | rtjpegchromafilter       | 0         |
|       5 | mpeg4bitrate             | 2200      |
|       5 | mpeg4maxquality          | 2         |
|       5 | mpeg4minquality          | 15        |
|       5 | mpeg4qualdiff            | 3         |
|       5 | mpeg4scalebitrate        | 1         |
|       5 | mpeg4optionvhq           | 0         |
|       5 | mpeg4option4mv           | 0         |
|       5 | mpeg4optionidct          | 0         |
|       5 | mpeg4optionime           | 0         |
|       5 | hardwaremjpegquality     | 100       |
|       5 | hardwaremjpeghdecimation | 4         |
|       5 | hardwaremjpegvdecimation | 4         |
|       5 | mpeg2streamtype          | MPEG-2 PS |
|       5 | mpeg2aspectratio         | 4:3       |
|       5 | mpeg2bitrate             | 4800      |
|       5 | mpeg2maxbitrate          | 6000      |
|       5 | samplerate               | 48000     |
|       5 | mp3quality               | 7         |
|       5 | volume                   | 90        |
|       5 | mpeg2audtype             | Layer II  |
|       5 | mpeg2audbitratel1        | 448       |
|       5 | mpeg2audbitratel2        | 384       |
|       5 | mpeg2audvolume           | 100       |
|       6 | autotranscode            | 0         |
|       6 | width                    | 720       |
|       6 | height                   | 480       |
|       6 | rtjpegquality            | 170       |
|       6 | rtjpeglumafilter         | 0         |
|       6 | rtjpegchromafilter       | 0         |
|       6 | mpeg4bitrate             | 2200      |
|       6 | mpeg4maxquality          | 2         |
|       6 | mpeg4minquality          | 15        |
|       6 | mpeg4qualdiff            | 3         |
|       6 | mpeg4scalebitrate        | 1         |
|       6 | mpeg4optionvhq           | 0         |
|       6 | mpeg4option4mv           | 0         |
|       6 | mpeg4optionidct          | 0         |
|       6 | mpeg4optionime           | 0         |
|       6 | hardwaremjpegquality     | 100       |
|       6 | hardwaremjpeghdecimation | 4         |
|       6 | hardwaremjpegvdecimation | 4         |
|       6 | mpeg2streamtype          | MPEG-2 PS |
|       6 | mpeg2aspectratio         | 4:3       |
|       6 | mpeg2bitrate             | 4800      |
|       6 | mpeg2maxbitrate          | 6000      |
|       6 | samplerate               | 48000     |
|       6 | mp3quality               | 7         |
|       6 | volume                   | 90        |
|       6 | mpeg2audtype             | Layer II  |
|       6 | mpeg2audbitratel1        | 448       |
|       6 | mpeg2audbitratel2        | 384       |
|       6 | mpeg2audvolume           | 90        |

settings:
| value             | data     | hostname |