[mythtv] Internal DVD player problem?

raptor jr raptorjr at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 7 08:46:36 UTC 2006

Hi

I have the following problems with the internal player when i try to play a
iso that i've made from my own DVD.

1. The DVD contains 4 subtitles (swedish, norwegian, danish and finnish)
If i in the first DVD menu select swedish i get swedish subtitles. But in
the onscreen menu i can only select norwegian or danish. (Not that i want to
change, but maybe all subtitletracks shold be shown there) If i on the other
hand select finnish in the beginning, the onscreen meny show first norwegian
and danish, and then 6 unknown subtitles, and no. 3 is selected now which
seems to be finnish subtitle. And i can now go down to unknown no. 6 and
there i have swedish.
Maybe not a big problem, but maybe a little bug that not all subtitle tracks
is shown.

2. If i watch the DVD everything is fine, it plays nicely. If i jump back(i
have selected 20 seconds jump in the Default playback profile) it also works
nice. But if i try to jump forward the picture freezes and the sound begins
to stutter. The OSD time for the movie is moving fast forward. Can't exit
out of the player. I have to kill mythfrontend.

Dont know if this is really bugs or known limitation of the internal player?