[mythtv] New duplicate check method 'smart'

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Tue Nov 7 21:31:37 UTC 2006

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 04:42:01AM -0500, martin at longhome.co.uk wrote:

> I don't know who runs the eit data in the UK, but I don't know how they
> manage to come up with wildly different descriptions for a later repeat of
> the same episode. It's like they make someone different watch the second
> showing and write a new description.

They pay monkeys an insufficient number of peanuts for them
to type the same thing twice...

Also, feel free to come up with additional fixups that massage
the EIT data into something coherant. I maintain these as I
see things that need fixing (like the recentish fixup for 24 eps)

> There's going to be some changes very soon to the type of metadata we get.
> With the launch of "Freeview playback" is supposed to come some new
> metadata giving details similar to that of "Series link" used on Sky (or
> Season Pass on tivo). All being well this will be in the form of a
> series/episode identifier as opposed to the method sky use of creating a
> chain of episodes as a kind of linked list, as the latter method doesn't
> support recording later showings in the case of failures or clashes.

I'm looking forward to seeing this in the wild. Soon as they start
broadcasting it i'm sitting down for the weekend to write the support
for it.

Stuart