[mythtv] I think I've found a bug...

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Fri Nov 10 02:33:02 UTC 2006

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 21:14 -0500, Tom Lichti wrote:
>
>> I got my HDHomeRun today, and in trying to set it up, mythtv-setup
>> managed to screw up my channels table. Before the HDHR, I have 3
>> PVR-x50's in the backend, and one source (same across all 3 cards) with
>> sourceid 1. I added the two HDHR tuners, and in following the
>> instructions for setting up the HDHR I did a channel scan, and it
>> scanned a bunch of bogus channels on top of my sourceid 1, which screwed
>> up the recordings that started a few minutes later, since whatever it
>> did made the channels all off by one. I had to scramble to fix it so the
>> wife could watch at least the last half of Survivor, so I don't have the
>> tables still in a bad state, but I'm sure I could reproduce it if needed.
>>
>> Thoughts anyone?
>>

> This is really a MythTV users question. But you should create a new
> video source for the HDHR, one for each tuner if they are plugged
> into different sources. The PVR-x50's are analog and the HDHR's are
> digital so they need different tuning information.
>
> -- Daniel

That's what I was doing, setting up another source for the HDHR, but I
think I've figured out the problem. When setting up the source for the
HDHR, I was trying to scan the channels, and I didn't notice that the
source was set to the wrong source. I think this happened because I
ignored the warning about stopping the backend before doing a scan...my
bad. I'll wait until the current recordings are finished and try it again.

I await my penance....

Tom