[mythtv] I am having major problems with pchdtv-3000, cable and svn mythtv.

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Nov 13 23:25:43 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 17:14 -0600, Harley Peters wrote:
> I am having problems with svn mythtv and my pchdtv-3000 card when tuning
> qam-256 stations from my cable company.

> Does anyone have any ideas that i can try to narrow this problem down ?
> Any log verbose setting i could use to get some debug info ?
> I haven't been able to get anything use full from the logs so far. And
> don't really understand how mythtv works with digital cards.

The cable company appears to not be putting the video stream in the
PMT. If this is the case, MythTV won't be able to tune the channel.
It is also possible that you used channels.conf import to add the
channels to your database. If so, delete all your channels (using
mythtv-setup, so that it deletes the matching dtv_multiplex rows
as well) and do an internal scan, or do a new channels.conf import
(this should work properly as of last week).

If the problem is not fixed by rescanning, then send me the output
of "mythbackend -v record" when you tune to one of these problem
channels.

-- Daniel