[mythtv] I am having major problems with pchdtv-3000, cable and svn mythtv.

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 07:08:07 UTC 2006

On 11/14/06, Harley Peters <harley at hpeters.net> wrote:

> Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> >
> Something must of changed some where (not mythtv) as this setup used to
> work.

This certainly is an obscure beast.  In the past, I've tried removing all
other PCI cards to reduce the chance of a conflict, I've tried unplugging my
extra hard drive and my optical drives to see if it was a power supply
issue.  I too have changed the latencies with no avail.  I've tried a number
of different nvidia drivers and kernels (all kernels since
2.6.17-2142_FC4and nvidia drivers since 7676).  The only success I
have had is reverting
back to my old GeForce 4200 (I run a 6200 now although I've seen this
problem reported with other 6xxx cards).  The problem does not exist with
this old card, unfortunately with the old card I no longer get XvMC and am
no longer able to watch HD.  So I'm less convinced it's a chipset issue.
Anyways I know this is an OT users-list issue, but since there are others
with this problem I just thought I'd share this information here.

--
Dylan

Type faster.  Use Dvorak:
http://dvzine.org