[mythtv] HDTV Blocky Movement in SVN

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 21:45:31 UTC 2006

I'm just reporting the same observation after a recent SVN upgrade
(Revision 11752).

Both existing HD recordings as well as HD recordings made since the SVN upgrade
play with blocky movement.  The more motion in the picture, the worse the effect
seems to be.  Colors bleed and tear, faces become a blur, in addition
to the blocky
movement.

Thinking my video card may be failing, I used both mplayer and xine to
watch some
of the HD recordings, but neither player displayed the effects described above.

And, on two other MythTV systems (both at much earlier Revision
levels) that record
HD programs, playback shows no signs blocky movement, etc.

--
MM