[mythtv] Mytharchive / dvdauthor problems

Russell Mora rd.mora at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 15:56:01 UTC 2006

On 11/21/06, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:

> Hi:  Yesterday I reported (to the user list) a failure when trying to
> create a native-mode .iso image from a single ~4Gb .nuv format recording.
>
> Today I have made two attempts to create standard DVD images from
> similar large (but >4Gb) single .nuv format files.  Both failed in
> dvdauthor after having created a playable and DVD-sized file of the
> video stream and a separate audio stream.  In both cases mplex exited
> with 'too many frame drops' and dvdauthor then failed (Result: 1) with
> 'Cannot jump to chapter 2 of title 1, only 1 exist'.  I'm not clear
> whether it doesn't exist because of the frame-drop failure or because
> I'm only processing one recording.  The first attempt yielded one 800Mb
> VOB file.  The second attempt failed before that stage.

I'm not at all familiar with the native format (wouldn't have even though
that it would have chapters?), however I would check the dvdauthor.xml file
- check that the chapters that it is defining and the jumps it is doing
match up.  If you get stuck you can email it to me if you like.

Cheers,
Russell.

I declare again that I'm using the atrpms builds for fc5, but this seems