[mythtv] what does "DVBRec(1): PID 0x840 discontinuity detected" mean?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 12:06:21 UTC 2006

On 10/3/06, Stuart Auchterlonie <stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 12:04:35PM +0100, Paul Wheeler wrote:
> > > That's what I would expect it to do. Previously it was keeping
> > > the partial packet when it suffered a discontinuity. Now it throws
> > > away that partial packet and waits for the start of a new one.
> > >
> > > The net effect as you have noticed is that only the small error
> > > is seen, rather than the larger one.
> > >
> > Is it possible to apply this to fixes as well as trunk? Does it count
> > enough as a bug?
> >

> It's in quite a fundamental area of the packet processing,
> so i'm going to await further reports for a while before
> considering it for inclusion.

is there a way to tell if the issue is with the signal the card is
receiving or something internal to the computer?  I'm just having a
hard time understanding why this would randomly start happening and
the cable line looks to be clean?

It also seems to occur more during heavy i/o load, though this is more
a casual observance. When all three of my HD recorders are going it
seems to be more of an issue than when just one is.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!