[mythtv] Problems with channel scanning (DVB-C, PAL, Finland)

Ilja Jetsu ilja.jetsu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 12:38:59 UTC 2006

> The dvbsnoop method works well, managed to get the id:s correctly. But
> still receiving some odd behavior.
>
> The EIT scan runnning as background process of Backend wasn't
> gathering any data, _but_ when i started to watch the channel in
> question in LiveTV it started also to capture the data, and since it's
> now back in schedule, it will tune onto that channel multiple times in
> week and gets new EIT scheduling :)

One last note. Everything is not yet working as I wanted. Mythtv does
record programs well from the problematic mplexes. But does not gather
EIT data, so i must open LiveTV once a week for some time to get the
EIT data for that mplex. This is a bit irritating, but i can manage
with it for now on.

-Ilja