[mythtv] Windows port

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Oct 6 12:48:12 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 08:26 -0400, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> DanielK - in the ticket you expressed reservations about cygwin - can
> you elaborate?
Well we had a SoC student planning to do a full port at the time.
There is nothing wrong with cygwin per-say, it is the quickest way
to get a POSIX environment up and running. My concern was mainly
about pulling in a large dependency when it could be avoided.

At this point as long as someone gets the port done, I really
don't care that much about the particulars.

-- Daniel