[mythtv] Dropping php4 support from MythWeb

Jarod Wilson lists at wilsonet.com
Thu Oct 12 22:11:11 UTC 2006

Chris Petersen wrote:
> Ross Campbell wrote:
>
>> So... from a fedora-centric view, I believe this would mean that FC3
>> and backward would no longer work with a mythweb that requires php5
>> without either someone building a lot of  new packages or individual
>> users recompiling apache/php/etc.
>>
>> If I have 6 months to a year to plan my system upgrades, then I think
>> I'm okay with this.
>>

> Yeah, I'm not expecting anything soon.  .21 is a few months out
> (assuming that Isaac decides to do that instead of .20.1), and .22
> should be another long span as they rework the UI stuff.
>
> FC3 will get EOL'd in a week or so, so I can't feel too bad about it.
> There comes a point when if you want to run the latest version of
> something like mythtv, you'll just have to upgrade.
Actually, FC3 has been EOL since FC5-test2 and FC4 went EOL as of
FC6-test2. At least from a 'supported-by-redhat' standpoint. Red Hat
won't touch FC3 anymore period, and FC4 only if there's a critical
security flaw. Fedora Extras is following the same policy. They're both
supported by the Fedora Legacy project now.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com