[mythtv] Myth Tv Installation Problem

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 13 12:16:36 UTC 2006

From: mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org]
On Behalf Of puneet kalra
Sent: 13 October 2006 12:32
To: mythtv-dev at mythtv.org
Subject: [mythtv] Myth Tv Installation Problem

I am very new to Mythtv.
I have  some problem with the myth tv installation

On Running mythfroenend it aborts with following message.

<snip />

When I execute myhtv-setup it execute but abort at 10th screen with
following message

<snip />

Can some one let me no the issues in the above problem......
Or what can be the Approaches to solve the problem

thanks
Puneet

Hi Puneet,

Could you please tell me where you got this mailing list information from?
Because this is not the correct mailing list to email to ask for help on
problems that do not concern the "development" of mythtv.

Please readdress your email to the mythtv-users mailing list. Do NOT simply

Also please provide some useful background information to your problem. And
tell us what other things you have done to try and explore the problem and
fix it.

You might want to check out:

Specifically..
What version of mythtv are you using?
Is it source that you've compiled or some pre-packaged format such as RPM?
Where did you get it from?
How did you install it?

What distribution are you running (and version)?

Some basic hardware details relating to your system which you think maybe
relevant.

Thanks

Steve Daniels