[mythtv] Guide to write a plugin?

Johan Venter mythtv at vulturest.com
Sat Oct 14 06:42:35 UTC 2006

Steven Adeff wrote:
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythPlugin_Architecture

Ok, so using this information and some investigation, I have
successfully managed to subclass MythThemedDialog, found out I had to
use the PLUGIN, rather than JUMP action in the menu XML to have my
mythplugin_run function called, and got a single "Hello World" label
displaying in my interface.

A question of interface design - the <area> tag in the XML seems to be
taking pixel values, is this correct? If so, how does this interact with
  resolution changes? Is there some kind of base resolution these values
belong to, and they're scaled automatically?

Also, why is MythThemedDialog in libmyth, while MythThemedMenu and
friends are in libmythui? Is this just because Isaac is still in the
middle of the whole libmythui conversion?

Cheers,

Johan.