[mythtv] Possible bug with MythArchive menus

Russell Mora rd.mora at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 16:17:27 UTC 2006

Hi Simon,

Yes, I noticed this as well.  I did a lot of work to ensure that the input
png files and the generated mpegs were scaled correctly but when it still
didn't work on my player I just assumed that my player was not handling it
correctly.  Assuming that it is not the same player (my external player is
just a cheap Cyberhome 300S) this indicates that the code is still perhaps
not right.  Has anyone else had success with 16:9 menus?

In any case the simple work-around is to just set the menus to be 4:3 in the
mytharchive settings.  If you want to get the menus working my guess is that
the dpi setting for the overlay png files needs to be different for 16:9
menus (though I thought I had already set this correctly...)

HTH

Cheers,
Russell.