[mythtv] Need help regarding AvFormatDecoder

Mark Buechler mark.buechler at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 22:32:45 UTC 2006

I'm trying to add a new stream (0x05 - PrivSec) to avformatdecoder but I'm
having trouble understanding what I'm missing. I've gotten to the point
where dvbrecorder.cpp is recording the stream and
AvFormatDecoder::ScanStreams() seems the stream but it's not available in
AvFormatDecoder::GetFrame().

Now, I started adding a new decoder into libavformat/libavcodec but I backed
out of this thinking that 0x05 is too generic to be adding to anything other
than Myth. I intend on turning on/off the parser based on a setting. So, I
see an array called tracks which keeps track of audio and subtitle streams
but not the video stream. This 0x05 stream does not contain multiple
languages so adding it into tracks wouldn't work I don't think.

Could someone give me some advice?

Thanks, Mark.