[mythtv] [mythtv-dev] Slovenian translation

Erik Robnik erik.robnik at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 06:55:58 UTC 2006

2006/10/23, Daniel Staaf <dst at bostream.nu>:

> Erik Robnik wrote:
> >
> > Now I have updated mythtv to latest version  ---> gues what --> only
> first
> > slovenian translation from year 2005 (cvs version)
>
> Unfortunately the ticket was not assigned to the person handling
> translations "oscar" (Oscar Carlsson <webmaster at trekotor.se>) so it is
> not surprising that he did not find it among the many open tickets in
> Trac before the release. Isaac reassigned the ticket five days ago (you
> are lucky, he obviously has more important things to do than checking
> stale tickets) so now it should only be a matter of time before the
> translation is updated. Do not expect it to happen immediately though,
> it is a waste of time to update translations in the beginning of a
> development cycle as the texts tend to change *a lot*. You may have to
> wait a month or two. The rapid pace of development in MythTV does not
> make life easy for translators.

Yes you are correct, my first ticket was assigned to ijr. And waiting is no
problem, just to know that some small "translation" wheel is turning in this
big and great mechanism...

You might argue that the documentation is not clear on how to assign
> tickets but the fact is that if you had searched the mail archives or
> browsed Trac you would have seen how to create a proper ticket.

 I was reading howto's and hopefully create right ticket...

Also, note that if you update the translation after the ticket has been
> closed (and applied hopefully), do not reopen it but create a new one.
> Isaac does not like reopened tickets (I have made that mistake before).
>
> I would REALY like to give someone this translated files (in any format),
> > just tell me please to whom (myth-dev, trac, .....)
>
> You already have but please remember that all developers are volunteers
> doing the work in their spare time. That means that they can be too busy
> to apply tickets for weeks or months (let alone reading all the mail
> that comes through the mailing list) and there is nothing wrong with
> that. It is probably a cultural/translation problem but to me your email
> (in several copies the last few days) seems a bit hostile and that may
> be why you did not get any answer until now.

Now I see that you have changed mailing system (correct me if I'm wrong).
Last year, when I was starting with translation, every mail was send back to
sender ('couse of subscriptin in development list)... All so I have to put
[mythtv-dev] or [mythtv] in message subject... So that's why I have send so
many mail... And for that I apologize...

Thank you for apply and raise of morale... :)

PS: One more question. What I'm I doing wrong here - I have created (the
same way as mythtv) .diff for mythplugins, but trac is telling me that is
SPAM and reject it every time I try to uplod file? Any idea

Best regards, eRik

Sincerely