[mythtv] MythVideo internal player filetype case sensitive

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 13:42:08 UTC 2006

> So when you select "Player" in the MythVideo setup menu, you'd get
> something like this (excuse the crappy ASCII art)
>
>   Player       | Command      | File type
> | Internal    | n/a          | *.mpg,*.avi     |
> | Xine        | xine -f %s   | *.mpg,*.avi     |
> | mplayer     | mplayer %s   | *.avi           |
> | Xine DVD    | xine dvd:/%s | *.iso,VIDEO_TS  |
> |             |              |                 |
> [Add]   [Del]   [Edit]   [Move up]   [Move Down]
>
> And in the video list you could select "Play with..." from a menu,
> and be prompted with a list of all players that match the file type.
> If you select "Play" (or hit return), you'd get the first matching
> player.

OK, I have to ask, why limit the player selection to matching file type.
Wouldn't it make more sense to have an overall default player and a default
player for each file type, but show all the players in the menu.  It seems
like adding a new file type to every possible player you might want to use
would be rather tedious.

--
It was supposed to be so Easy.