[mythtv] DPMSissues since upgrade of xorg-x11 to version 7.1

eric.bosch at comcast.net eric.bosch at comcast.net
Fri Oct 27 21:17:26 UTC 2006

Hello, all
   I'm having an issue with DPMS and mythtv (cvs build just before 11623) since I upgraded to xorg-x11 v7.1.  DPMS seems to work perfectly after boot, but once MythTV goes into watch a live program, or anything that disables DPMS, it no longer works.  I have verified thru use of 'xset -q' and can see that DPMS is disabled when watching TV or whatever, and when I exit the LiveTV session, I can verify that DPMS is reenabled, however it never blanks the screen. The DPMS settings also appear accurate.  I have DPMS set up to shut the monitor off after 10 minutes, which can be verified with the xset -q.  I can execute "xset dpms force off" and that shuts the monitor off.  If I execute "xset dpms 0 0 600", then the screen will shut off after timeout, and then behaves normally until the next time MythTV disables/reenables DPMS.  Perhaps the Mythtv Built In DPMS is corrupting something?  I am running an NVidia GForce 6600 gt card, and a GForce 5700 on another machine, and they both behave i
dentically.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Sure would like to find a resolution and save some lamp life!