[mythtv] Playback starting in middle of stream, despite having no bookmark set

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 00:32:10 UTC 2006

I updated to trunk r10954 last week, and since them I've been having
intermittant cases of recordings playing back from somewhere in the middle of
the stream despite not having a bookmark set.

My usual flow:
1) Start watching program
2) When kid gets bored and runs off, exit and select "quit and don't save
position"
3) Next time I watch start from the beginning.

Every so often, when I go to play again, it starts from where I left off.  But
I didn't tell it to, and couldn't if I wanted to.  Mythweb says "no" in the
"has bookmark" column, the little bookmark icon is missing from the frontend
screen where you pick a show to watch, and the select button upon pressing play
is "Play" instead of "Play from..."

I grabbed this out of my database for the recording in question:

mysql> select * from recordedmarkup where starttime = '2006-08-26 08:30:00';
+--------+---------------------+-------+--------+------+
| chanid | starttime           | mark  | offset | type |
+--------+---------------------+-------+--------+------+
|   2053 | 2006-08-26 08:30:00 | 43729 | NULL   |    2 |
+--------+---------------------+-------+--------+------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Unfortunately I don't know how to read it.  From programinfo.h it looks like
the type means MARK_BOOKMARK, so is this saying there IS a bookmark?  And if
so, what does the frontend and mythweb use to determine whether there's a
bookmark or not?

Adding to the problem, it's entirely possible that every so often I DO tell it
to save a bookmark accidently and the problem isn't "why is a bookmark saved
when I tell it not to", but instead "why doesn't mythweb/mythfronend understand
there's a bookmark present?" *sigh*

I'm going to be extra careful in the future so I'll definitely be able to say I
haven't saved a bookmark, but in the meantime is there a logging level I should
use?  I haven't figured out what triggers it precisely so I want to be ready
for it when it happens.

Thanks,

--Jack