[mythtv] Trac blanket blacklisting + mythweb patch

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Sep 3 09:59:53 UTC 2006

Steven Adeff wrote:
> While I find what you did pretty cool, perhaps it would make more
> sense to make a use of Gallery's (http://gallery.menalto.com/)
> embedding abilities?

A long, long time ago I was thinking about how best to integrate with
remote galleries (i.e. menalto). I figured it would be possible to
modify the MythGallery module to read data remotely via either the
Gallery Remote protocol or the RSS module. I never got round to
completing it tho'. It would also be cool if MythGallery could also read
the iPhoto produced RSS streams.

That way you could use e.g. Digikam to manage your photos, use the
Gallery Export Kipi Plugin (of which I'm the maintainer and have quite a
few nice plans for tho' again time is my enemy) to sync your Digikam
Gallery to your Menalto Gallery, then use MythGallery to connect to the
Remote Gallery for viewing images etc.

That to me would be the ideal end-end solution allowing good managment
(Digikam), easy publishing/sharing via Kipi's Gallery Plugin and Menalto
Gallery on a website, and friendly viewing via MythGallery (which would
also be able to render the user posted comments!!).

If anyone else would like this scenario then perhaps it would reenable
my focus and make me spend a little more time on the two bits I need to
(make Kipi better and make MythGallery remote gallery aware).

Col.