[mythtv] DVB scan for PBS stations on AMC3 failure

Endaf Jones jonese at zener.com
Sun Sep 3 19:18:39 UTC 2006

Using SVN of a few days ago (upgraded from 0.19-fixes)

Scanning for ATSC broadcasts via DVB-S card appear not to be working.
I get to the scanning dialog, but it stops at 3% and times out with a
"Timeout Scanning Frequency 12110000 -- no tables".

Is this because mythtv is expecting DVB tables (becuase I'm using a
DVB card) but the PBS broadcasts on satellite AMC3 is actually
broadcasting ATSC instead?

If so, is the solution to have selectable toggle for ATSC/DVB during scan?

--
# Endaf