[mythtv] MacOS X MMX yuv420_2vuy Patch

nigel at ind.tansu.com.au nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Fri Sep 8 05:20:26 UTC 2006

> I don't think it is the MMX code.  I think there is some timing race  =
> condition between threads.

	That is possible, but I am seeing some very strange behaviour.
I have reduced the function down to just the non_vec call and there is
no buffer problem. I add a single MMX macro linefore the non_vec call,
and the problem occurs.

	This makes me suspect a compiler bug (e.g. one of the __asm__
__volatile__ compiler hints isn't marking a register as being used),
but that isn't very likely either. Non-optimised debug builds, next.

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Things  you  own   |
| Telstra, Dev. Lab., Sydney, Australia |  end up owning you" |