[mythtv] Problems with channel scanning (DVB-C, PAL, Finland)

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Mon Sep 18 11:46:57 UTC 2006

On Monday 18 September 2006 08:55, Ilja Jetsu wrote:
> Answering to myself :)
> Unfortunately no complete solution has been found yet.
> (I think that I'll have to compile the program with debug mode on.)

No, it's not neccessary. You have to look what (if any) data is
broadcasted. dvbsnoop -nph -n 10 0x12 while tuned to each multiplex
should clarify if EIT data is transmitted.

> The importing of channel.conf still doesn't work as expected. It
> fails to set the transport id and network id in the dtv_multiplex
> table.

You're expecting somthing impossible. The channels.conf doesn't contain
neither the original network id nor the transport id.

> But.. something has happened to this, because I can't get any EIT
> information for other than the programs in the second multiplex. (YLE
> programs) Even though it scans from all mplex:es.
>
> It doesn't seem to be a myhtv-specific problem, because tv_grab_dvb
> doesn't find any EIT info for those other channels either.

I would think that your cable provider doesn't transmit any guide data
(according to the DVB specs he should at least transmit now/next data).

Janne