[mythtv] qt3 vs qt4

Matt Ziegler mziegler at mosis.com
Fri Sep 22 01:06:20 UTC 2006

Thanks for the reply.

Running ubuntu in mind.  I've found no need to have any freetype2
libraries installed for it to compile correctly.  I'm not sure what
purpose libqt3-mt-mysql serves either.  I also haven't need
xserver-xorg-dev in order to compile.  I'm trying not to install extra
packages that I don't need since when the compiling finishes I have the
following problem.

I build the program then run make install.  Then on the mythtv box I
can't run mythtv-setup or mythfrontend.  I get a floating point
exception.  The wierd thing is that I can run both those programs over
an xsession to my laptop without any problems albeit fairly slowly over
my wireless.  I build everything over ssh from my laptop (don't think
this matters) since just the TV is hooked up to the mythbox.

So I'm thinking I'm missing some dependencies/runtime required libraries
on the mythbox that I have on the laptop which is causing the floating
point exception on the mythbox.  I'm really out of ideas.  If someone
could install my compiled mythtv installation (I'll supply some .debs)
and get back to me that would be great.  I'm just not sure where I'm
going wrong.

Thanks,

Matt