[mythtv] Problems with channel scanning (DVB-C, PAL, Finland)

Ilja Jetsu ilja.jetsu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 06:26:48 UTC 2006

On 23/09/06, Stuart Auchterlonie <stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 12:49:26AM +0200, Thomas B?rkel wrote:
> > HI!
> >
> > Enhancing my last mail:
> >
> > > "w_scan -f c >channels.conf.w_scan". If that does not work, I heard you
> > > can also find out the missing ids with dvbsnoop, but I have not tested
> >
> > This is the dvbsnoop way:
> > Tune to a channel and then:
> > dvbsnoop -n 2 -nph 0x10 >dvbsnoop.txt
> >

> Can you test the patch on http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2343.
> It should allow the scanner to correctly pick up all your muxes.
>
> if not, i'll need to get a copy of your dvbsnoop output.
>

> Stuart

The dvbsnoop method works well, managed to get the id:s correctly. But
still receiving some odd behavior.

The EIT scan runnning as background process of Backend wasn't
gathering any data, _but_ when i started to watch the channel in
question in LiveTV it started also to capture the data, and since it's
now back in schedule, it will tune onto that channel multiple times in
week and gets new EIT scheduling :)

-Ilja