[mythtv] XvMC VLD Decoding stuttering problems on some videos

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Thu Sep 28 06:51:27 UTC 2006

Terry Barnaby wrote:
> Isaac Richards wrote:
>> On Wednesday 27 September 2006 6:01 pm, Terry Barnaby wrote:
>>> Ah is it that the OSD is now always drawn in MythTv ?
>>> It appears that it is always drawn on my system causing the large CPU
>>> usage. Setting the UseChromaKeyOSD=1 seems to reduce CPU usage
>>> dramatically ....
>> It's not supposed to be drawn _all_ the time, just when there's something
>> visible..
>>
>> Isaac
>
> Well its the "interactive" OSD that is being displayed all of the time.
> Not sure why this is, I note my video has a DVB_SUBTITLE stream ....
>
> Terry

Ok, I think I have now fixed the problem. The interactive TV OSD was
enabled even if "EnableMHEG" was not set to 1.
I assume that the interactive TV OSD needs to be displayed all the time
when "EnableMHEG" is set to 1 ?

I will create a Trac patch that does the following:
1. Disables interactive TV OSD when "EnableMHEG" is 0.
2. Sets the decoder thread's nice value to -10.
3. Adds a configuration option for "ChromaKeyOSD" to it is easy for
people to use this feature on XvMC VLD systems.

Terry