[mythtv] Can mythtranscode use mythbackend's auto-expire to delete files?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Sep 29 06:49:07 UTC 2006

* On Thu Sep 28, 2006 at 07:32:12AM -0700, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> lockups and consequent recording corruptions. How feasible would it be
> for mythtranscode to pass the task of deleting original recordings
> (and, perhaps, .tmp files if one already exists for a given
> transcoding task when the task begins, as they can sometimes be
> multigigabytes in size) to mythbackend autoexpire?

mythbackend can only delete recordings it knows about.  It can't
(and won't) delete just any file because that is a security risk.
mythtranscode is creating a new file and swapping it in for the
old one so it needs to handle everything associated with doing
that.  Now that doesn't mean that the truncating delete code
couldn't reside in libmyth somewhere so it was usable in both
mythbackend and mythtranscode, but I'm not going to touch that.
Patches welcome... :)

--
Chris