[mythtv] MySql: program.category_type, programid etc

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 16:20:16 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am looking for explanations of some fields in MySql "program" table.
I am one of the maintainers of german grabber in XMLTV and I would
like to try to understand what MythTV does in table "program".

Example:
program.category_type is almost always blank. But if in XML element
"category" is "Film", this field has the value "movie".

Which values can category_type have, and how does it get its value? It
translates "Film" to "movie". What other values will be translated to
"movie"?

category_type can also have value "series", but what are the criteria
(valid values)  to get "movie" or "series" in this field?

as I know this field is used (one example) to find new movies or series.

Also program.programid get some kind of id like MV6002177. it
obviously uses program.seriesid to create this ID. What is this ID
for?

Thanks

M.