[mythtv] Preserve global padding. [UNSTABLE]

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 10 18:47:22 UTC 2007

On 04/10/2007 10:27 AM, Martin Long wrote:
> Yes, it will /only/ reschedule the lower priorty. I have made sure of that.
>
> Out of interest, do you know what the purpose of the SchedOpenEnd option is?

Avoid back to back recordings from different channels
If set, the scheduler will avoid assigning shows from different channels
to the same card if their end time and start time match. This will be
allowed when necessary in order to resolve conflicts.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/13007

I'm guessing Bruce put it in to allow people a better chance of getting
global padding on their episodes (since same channel back-to-back, you'd
have the content in one or the other recording), but you'll have to ask him.

Mike