[mythtv] Mythtv.org and MythWeb Flash

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Apr 10 18:54:14 UTC 2007

John P Poet wrote:
> Will FLASH be required?

To watch embedded video, yes.  Just like Javascript will be required to
interface with most of the cool features in the default page template
set (the "lite" template set will work without javascript/flash).

The goal is for there to be a flash-based music player in the music
section, and a DHTML interface for starting up flashvideo watching on
the recording details page (replacing the current large preview pixmap
when you're ready to watch).

This is "extra" functionality, not core functionality.  I've always said
that I will keep core functionality usable without any fancy browser
additions, etc., and I stick to that.

-Chris