[mythtv] MythMusic AlbumArt patch

Frank Lynch frank.lynch at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 04:04:28 UTC 2007

On 4/9/07, Dave Oxley <dave at daveoxley.co.uk> wrote:

> Steven Adeff wrote:
> > On 4/9/07, Dave Oxley <dave at daveoxley.co.uk> wrote:
> >> I've created a patch for MythMusic that shows the AlbumArt when the song
> >> changes. I think this makes the AlbumArt actually useful as I doubt that
> >> people want to either have AlbumArt or another visualisation, rather
> >> they'd prefer both; at least I do! The patch is attached to
> >> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2685 and I have just updated it to be
> >> compatible with revision 13192. Could somebody review it for possible
> >> merging into trunk.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Dave.
> >
> > Dave, does this use the pop-up or does it make the visualization the
> > album art and information?
> >
> It replaces the current visualisation with the AlbumArt visualisation
> for the same length of time that the popup with the information is
> shown. The previous visualisation is then shown again.

Dave,
nice job - thank you!
I just applied your original patch [1] against the build of 0.20 fixes
[2] that I'm running here (revision 13131). It applied cleanly and i'm
lovin' it.
It really helps the user experience and makes mythmusic feel a wee bit slicker.
thanks!
--Frank

now I'm off to find a script that uses id3 tags to download AlbumArt,
I've got about a hundred albums or there abouts missing albumart...

[1] http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/2685/albumart.diff
[2] http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/branches/release-0-20-fixes/mythplugins