[mythtv] Mythtv Gui

Staffan Pettersson SciFi at bredband.net
Thu Apr 12 22:26:10 UTC 2007

Hi

First, i dont wont to step on anybodys toes, but my post might sound a
little patronizing

I have used mythtv for quite some time, it can almost be 5 years and i
havent seen any major update for the gui in mythtv sins then. I
remembered that i was excited when libmythui started being developed but
to years has past and the only eyecandy so far is fading menu text. Itś
not really impressive showing of for your mates :). When i started
playing with mythtv it really was ahead of its time with the perfek
server/client concept. But nowdays it feels like its lagging behind,
maybe not in at technically stanpoint but user experience it is :(.

The other day i tried the new linuxmce, while i could not get many
things to run, i just starred at the cool user interface with alpha
blending menus and such!

Look at Freevo2 video at youtube, they seem to have gotten the picture
but might bee to much of a ripoff of Windowsmce.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4w9fkXYjOk

So my point: Is there any plans on making the ui in myth more pleasent
for the eyes?

Best regards Staffan