[mythtv] Crash of MythMusic

Eskil Heyn Olsen myth at eskil.org
Fri Apr 13 03:01:04 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 23:53 +0200, Gerhard Gappmeier wrote:

> I made a new trace. This time it was a little bit harder to reproduce.
> I needed three times to leave and enter MythMusic.
> I also startet MythVideo in between. I don't kow if this is
> importatnt.

Don't know, but previous cases of the crash caused MythObservable not
being MT safe were also easily triggered by leaving/reentering
mythmusic.

> (gdb) backtrace
> #0  0xb68bdf64 in QGList::append () from /usr/qt/3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
> #1  0xb659fa57 in QApplication::postEvent ()
> from /usr/qt/3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
> #2  0xb6ea18f7 in MythObservable::dispatch ()
> from /usr/local/lib/libmyth-0.20.so.0
> #3  0xb10968b6 in aacDecoder::run ()
> from /usr/local/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmusic.so

It'd be nice if you did a debug compile so there were line numbers. But
this stack trace actually looks just like the original crash in
ticket#2557. I'd guess maybe the patch wasn't properly
applied/recompiled, but without line numbers I can't be sure. Can you
check ?

eskil
---