[mythtv] Mythmusic lockup when exiting rip screen with jump point (Main Menu)

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 09:10:28 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have resync'd with svn trunk (r13224) and I am still experiencing the
problem describe below.

- After entering the rip cd screen I experience a "lock up" if I exit using
the jump point to main menu.
- The frontend just tries to continually redraw what looks like a dialog box
and I have to kill the X session to recover.
- If I exit the rip cd using "exit" then things exit alright.

I have captured a frontend.log with -v all but it doesn't show anything that
looks of interest, can provide it if needed.

Could someone confirm if this is only my setup or more wide spread. I will
create a ticket tonight some time if it is an unreported problem (I have
only done a real quick search).

Incidentally,  mythbackend --version  returns the following:

mythtv at mythtv ~ $ mythbackend --version
Library API version     : 0.20.20070327-1
Source code version     : Unknown
Network Protocol Version: 33
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_v4l using_oss using_alsa using_lirc using_dvb using_x11
using_xv using_xrandr using_opengl_vsync using_opengl using_frontend
using_backend using_bindings_perl

I am sure that the source code version used to show the svn version, it is
just showing Unknown as seen above, strange!

Cheers,

Roo.