[mythtv] Mythtv Gui

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Apr 20 06:46:50 UTC 2007

Steven Adeff wrote:

> So far the only thing I've seen other interfaces do that Myth "can't"
> is the animated transitions. To me this doesn't make them all that
> better.

The one thing I've seen in other interfaces that I really miss from Myth is
smooth scrolling through long lists (eg, choosing a recording to play).  If I'm
not the one pressing the button on the remote, I can't tell by looking at the
screen whether it's scrolling up or down, since the whole list moves faster
than my eyes can track.  Having the whole list slide smoothly up or down would
make it easier to see which way it's scrolling and, IMHO, easier on the eyes.

--
Peter Schachte              And it came to pass that in the hands of the
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        ignorant, the words of the Bible were used to