[mythtv] Temporary Suspension of Trac Ticket Comments

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 04:20:00 UTC 2007

On 22/04/07, Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> wrote:

> Unfortunately, the AccountManagerPlugin doesn't do any email verification,
> which is one of my requirements for an account system.  It doesn't do much
> restrict spam, otherwise.
>
> Isaac

Hi Isaac,

What would your specification be?

- If a user created a new account using the account manager plugin and
provided an email address, the new account is tagged as "pending
verification" and isn't usable.
- Trac then emails a confirmation email to the address provided with a link
to activate the account like,
http://example.com/trac/activate?id=sufficiently-large-random-string
- When the account is activated the user can then log into and use trac.

Other thoughts:
- The activation email is sent out after a configurable delay.
- If the account isn't activted within a specified timeframe the "pending
verification" account is purged.

No promises, but I am interested in this functionality for a public facing
trac install at work, no harm in understanding your requirements ;)

Cheers,

Roo.