[mythtv] Could/should the shutdown command be kept locally?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 20:56:01 UTC 2007

Hi,
   I've got a few frontend machines that exist on our wireless
network. We only use LIRC-based control for these machines and the
machines boot directly into Myth. If, for some reason, the frontend
boots and cannot find the backend server then it seems that there is
no easy way to shut the machine down. I either have to go to a remote
machine, shell in and shut down or hit the power switch.

   I'm assuming that the shutdown command is being kept in the backend
server. Should it or could it be kept in the frontend instead?

Thanks,
Mark