[mythtv] H.264 Video Phone + Myth?

Nathan Allen Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Wed Apr 25 03:30:22 UTC 2007

I am looking for a few people who are interested in modifying MythTV to
work in a video phone application. Since there is no way we can ever run
something like the MythTV frontend run directly on the video phone the
plan is to output myth to xbuffer that is converted to an H.264 RTP
stream. The menu would be controlled from the phone via DTMF keys that
would be sent to myth. We already have a SIP H.264 video server that
streams content, but I think modifying myth to work as the menuing system
makes a lot of sense, it also gives us access to some nice mythplugins.
There is a lot of extra things with Myth that are not needed and I don't
know how well it will scale, but I think it would be faster then starting
from scratch.

If there is anyone who is interested in working on this full or part time
please let me know.

-nathan