[mythtv] MythTV without OpenGL

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Apr 27 05:16:20 UTC 2007

* On Fri Apr 27, 2007 at 09:56:49AM +0800, jam at tigger.ws wrote:
> Chris
> this is why the myth developers have a reputation for being arrogant.
> This is NOT a user question!!
> He is trying to build on MIPS

<discussion>
So....  You wouldn't come in here asking how to build Myth on x86, you'd
go ask a user.

First let me say I'm not trying to pick on him by these further comments.
He did ask in -users and received help it appears.

He's referencing a thread that is from 18 months ago that doesn't even
verify what it is recommending actually works.  Then when it doesn't work
on the latest release he asks the dev mailing list why.  Compilation
questions are not development questions unless you're porting code and
this doesn't sound like the case since he's asking what he has to do to
make it compile.

Some of us may be a little arrogant when it comes to our time.  We spend
numerous hours coding on Myth just to give the code away for free.  I
don't think that it is asking too much to keep -users questions in
the -users mailing list and IRC channel.  A lot of the devs read and
respond to questions in -users and a few of us even hang out in the
-users IRC channel, so we're willing to help.
</discussion>

--
Chris (who maybe shouldn't reply to some emails on only 3 hours sleep,
       but still keeps his original position)